Friday, July 10, 2009

7 hours and a laugh

Dio slept a 7-hour stretch last night, completely out of the blue. Usually we'll get one 4-5 hour sleep, then 2-3 hours the rest of the night. I think he would have slept even longer, but I went to the bathroom at 4 am and woke him up when I opened the creaky door. He was still dry (and wide awake) after I nursed him, so I took him into the bathroom to potty. He hung out for a while, looking up at me in the dim light, perfectly content. Then he pooped and peed and we went back to sleep until 8 am.

And, even better, I got him to laugh today! I was tickling him and his grins turned into big "ha ha ha" laughs. Of course as soon as I turned on the camcorder he stopped.

I am having so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. can I admit I am insanely jealous? seriously. a 4 hr stretch? Ven hasn't slept a four hr stretch since his 8th day of life. and on that day I had insomnia!

    I am a walking dead person most days. oh well... atleast Ven is a sweet little guy so if I have to be woken, I'm glad it's by him. (thinking positive here hehe)

    you are blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those up in the middle of the nights are hard, but I have fond memories of cuddling my brand new babe, just the two of us, in the middle of the night while he nursed. It's nice that it doesn't last, but it's also just nice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...