Tuesday, May 10, 2011

3 surveys--please participate!

I've received word from several researchers wanting people to complete surveys. If you are eligible, please participate!

~~~~~

Survey #1: Baby Food Survey

This is a research study about infant feeding practices. This study is conducted by Amy Bentley, Ph.D.,Department of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development, New York University.

Who can participate: anyone who has had one or more children. This asks questions about how and when you introduced your baby to solid foods.

~~~~~

Survey #2: Coping and the Unplanned Cesarean Section: Examining how women cope with the need for an unplanned cesarean section

More about the survey from the researcher Nedra Goldman:
My name is Nedra Goldman and I am a graduate student at DePaul University. I am currently conducting a research project titled “Coping and the Unplanned Cesarean Section: Examining how women cope with the need for an unplanned cesarean section” as a requirement to obtain my Master’s Degree. The purposes of this study are to examine the coping mechanisms/strategies utilized by women age 21-39 during the labor and delivery process when an unplanned cesarean section is indicated and to describe the self-efficacy of the women. I am seeking out women who are willing to participate in my study. Inclusion criteria for this study include a) women, b) who were between the ages of 21-39 when they delivered, c) had emergency cesarean section, d)normal pregnancy, e) speak and understand English sufficiently enough to complete survey. If you or someone you know meet these requirements and are willing to participate in my study please click on the link below which will lead you to an information sheet and the study. There is no need to respond directly to this email if you are interested.

For privacy and confidentiality purposes no identifying information such as name, address, or insurance information will be collected, I will be the only person who has access to the survey responses for analysis purposes, and all responses will be coded.

~~~~~

Survey #3: Parenting Perceptions & Attitudes About Mothering

More about the survey from researcher Miriam Liss, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Mary Washington:
I am researching attitudes about mothering with some of my colleagues at the University of Mary Washington and our students. We are collecting data from people over the age of 18. We are looking for parents and non-parents but are especially interested in the views of attachment parents.

4 comments:

  1. My undergrad degree is in Sociology and Anthropology, so I LOVE participating in studies, and I rarely get the opportunity. Please link us up to the results when these are completed, if you get them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I am taking the 2 I qualify for. Yes like a PP said please post results if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took two! I agree with the previous posters about the results, it should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...