Saturday, May 14, 2011

Random man talks homebirth & homeschool

Remember Random Man? Well, we ended up hiring him to make storm windows for our new house (the old-fashioned wood kind with a modern twist--they have interchangeable glass & screen panels that you can change from the inside, so you don't have to carry the storms up & down a ladder twice a year). We signed the contract today and...guess what...

All five of his children were born at home.

And he homeschooled all his children.

He held Inga while we talked windows and home birth and home school. And things like how much did our children weigh when they were born (his smallest was a hair under 10 lbs, and the largest was something like 11!). His wife runs the local homeschooling association, so he said he'd put me in touch with her. (For the record, I have no idea if I will homeschool or public school; I'm keeping both options open at this point.)

He also showed me a very awesome tool, a Rockwell Sonicrafter. How did we ever survive without it?

3 comments:

  1. I love that you talk about homebirth and powertools in the same blog post! Perhaps I can finally start to get my husband on board by talking about powertools AND homebirth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I love random run ins like that. And, man! Those are some big babies. After 4 hours of pushing with a 7lb2oz-er in September, that sounds more than a little impressive!

    I wish I could homeschool. I can't; I am not legally allowed to quit my job, and really I think I'd lose my mind. But sometimes I wish . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear of a man who talks openly about birth, breastfeeding, homeschooling, etc. My hubby, I will admit, talks about it all the time since the birth of our son, but he gets weird looks from his friends. He even talks to random people about my doula services. :)

    I am still looking at homeschooling vs. public at this point (though we don't have to decide for a while). Hubby is totally against homeschooling... :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...