Friday, March 15, 2013

Pregnancy: Month 7

I had a hard time figuring out what to do for month 7 (January) and 8 (February). Unlike all the milestones of early and mid-pregnancy, these months were just more of the same. Baby's moving--still. My belly is nice and round--still--just getting bigger.

So for my seventh month of pregnancy, I decided to pick one of the silhouettes I'd made and turn it into a quilt square. It's called "Navel Gazing."


How I made this quilt square:

First, I held paper up to my computer screen and traced the silhouettes. Then I cut them out of black linen with an ivory linen background. Normally I'd use two-sided fusible web for attaching the appliques to the fabric, but I ran out. So I sealed the cut edges with Fray Check and stuck the pieces on with glue sticks & pins. Not the most elegant way to do it, but it works. Finally, I attached the appliques to the background fabric with a narrow zig-zag stitch around all the edges.

The hair and fingers were really tricky to cut out and sew around. But worth the effort!
.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...