Friday, April 28, 2017

Cinque Terre day 1: Soviore to Monterosso

I'm taking a break from posting about breech birth to share what our family has been up to. During our last school vacation, we took a trip to Italy with my mom. We visited Cinque Terre, Pisa, and Lucca.

Here's our first day in Cinque Terre, a collection of 5 seaside villages accessible mainly by foot, boat, or train. (You can also technically get to them by car, but it requires a high tolerance for extremely narrow roads on the side of a mountain.) We hiked on trail 509 from the Sanctuary of Soviore down to Monterosso al Mare and back.

I love that we can drive for only 3 hours and be in these magnificent places! If I drove for 3 hours back home, I'd still see cornfields in every direction.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...